Senior Interior Designer
Senior Interior Designer will work hand-in-hand with lead teams on projects ranging from high-end luxury residential, commercial, and public. You must have previously managed projects (in all phases; SD, DD, CD & CA) with simultaneous deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will supervise the work of team members, providing coaching and mentoring on an ongoing basis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extensive experience managing design projects from start to finish, including conceptualization & development, space planning, client and vendor relationships, purchasing, construction documents, and construction management & administration, etc.
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to sketch and visualize initial design concepts
- Solid experience in interior space planning and proficiency in developing schematic plans for a variety of large and small projects
- Excellent presentation and people skills
- Must have experience in client-facing roles.
- Maintain the office library and arrange product presentations/Lunch & Learns for the office
- Extensive knowledge of furniture and material specifications
- Creative and flexible in design approach
- Excellent eye for both presentation & project design
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must manage / multi-task to oversee several projects and team members
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle several tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Hand and computer rendering skills a plus.
- Ability to track the profitability and proficiency of projects
- Ability to problem solve and think quickly when situations arise
- Setting an example for other designers when it comes to professionalism and office responsibilities
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- BArch, March, or equivalent degree
- 8+ years of related experience in managing and designing the interiors of high-end projects including residential, commercial, public, and hospitality interiors.
- Strong portfolio showcasing diverse project types.
- Experience managing and supervising junior staff/team members
- Experience leading projects from concept to construction
- ADA Code Compliance, NYC DOB Building Codes
- Proven record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Advanced level of Revit, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Outstanding Communication and Presentation Skills
At ILA, we value fresh ideas and unique perspectives. Together with your colleagues, you will work on projects that will expand your knowledge, skills, and experience. ILA offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits packages.
Please send your resume and work samples in PDF format to email@example.com.
ILA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.